Essential Trading is a leading distributor of ethical and sustainable wholefoods, ecological household products and cruelty free body care items. Some of the benefits of working with us include:
- Extensive Product Range: We offer one of the largest ranges of organic, Fairtrade, ethical and sustainable products with over 5,000 unique items from numerous brands including our own range of ethical store cupboard staples;
- Dedicated Customer Services Team: Our dedicated customer services team are available throughout the day via phone or e-mail to take your order and answer any queries you might have. They have extensive product knowledge and are happy to give advice on best selling products, new lines and product availability;
- Online Ordering: Each customer has a unique customer log in to access our website at any time of day or night. Placing your order online gives you flexibility, access to the latest prices, promotions and as orders are available to view, can save time in re-ordering;
- Priority Service: If you place your order two working days before delivery we will contact you in advance of your delivery to let you know about any out of stock items and offer substitutions;
- Next Day Delivery: We make weekly delivery runs across the UK. Every customer of ours is given a regular delivery day based on their location. Orders can be placed up until 11:00am the day before delivery;
- Delivered by Essential Staff: We deliver your order our self on our own fleet of vehicles. Our drivers are employed directly by us ensuring speedy communication between you and Essential.
- Collection Service: We offer a collection service from our warehouse in Bristol. You can place your order and collect within two hours;
- Export Deliveries: Our years of trading in exports have taught us that each situation and customer is different. We have a dedicated export team so that your needs that can be dealt with directly and assessed to provide a bespoke service;
- Festival Services: We deliver to all of the main festivals and wholesale on site at Glastonbury each year. Over many years we have gained a wealth of experience in this field and have built up great relationships with traders, stallholders and festival organisers.
Essential Trading prides itself on doing things differently. When you buy from Essential you are supporting an alternative to the large corporations who damage our environment and show little regard for the people who make their products. We aim to do things better by:
- Worker Co-operative: We are a worker co-operative which is owned and operated by its members. We make decisions democratically and make sure everyone has an equal say in how the business is run;
- Vegetarian: We are opposed to the exploitation of animals. All of our products are vegetarian and we also stock a large range of products suitable for vegans;
- GMO Free: We make all of our suppliers sign an agreement guaranteeing that their products are free from any sort of genetically modified organisms (GMOs);
- No Air Freight: We attempt to minimise our impact on the environment as much as possible. As all of our products are shipped in by land or sea, never by air;
- Support Independents: You won’t find any of our products in the supermarkets! We have made an ethical decision not to work with large corporations instead choosing to support independent shops and suppliers;
- Solar Powered: Our warehouse is fitted with solar panels that generate clean, green energy. We produce enough energy to power our warehouse, reducing our reliance on fossil fuels;
If you’re interested in working with Essential Trading you can register for an account or contact our customer services team for more information.